Friday, May 8, 2015

Buffalo Chicken Salad

They are building a Zaxby's down the street. Fried chicken. Less than a mile from my house. I better have a healthy alternative ready, so I created one. 


Buffalo Chicken Salad

I make buffalo chicken all the time. I use shredded chicken that I've cooked in the crockpot, then shredded, and add a little buffalo wing sauce, like Texas Pete. If the plain wing sauce is too hot for you, don't worry. I know the traditional method is to cut the heat with butter. Put down the butter, and pick up the Greek yogurt. Mix in enough to cut the heat to your taste. Just add a little at a time. Once you've got the mix right, heat it a bit in the microwave and pour over your chicken. 

You can do a bunch of things with the chicken, but the salad...

1 green lettuce as a base
1 green of chopped celery, carrots, cucumbers, and tomatoes. 
1 red of your buffalo chicken
1 blue of blue cheese crumbles 
1 orange Bolten Farms yogurt ranch dressing (all natural, 45 cal) 

No comments:

Post a Comment