Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Sweet Potatoes and Asparagus for People Who Hate Them

So you don't like sweet potatoes? And asparagus is not your things either?

I'm betting it's your cooking method. Let me change your mind about these two powerhouse foods. 


I've got the recipes below, but this video should let you in on how easy this is!




Roasted Sweet Potato Rounds

1-3 Sweet Potatoes
Olive or Coconut Oil in a spray form (I use a Misto)
Autumn's Mediterranean Seasoning (or S&P plus garlic powder and herbs)

Preheat your oven to 400 F. Spray a baking sheet lightly with oil. You may not need to do this depending on your sheet. Slice your potatoes into 1/4 inch thick rounds. Leave the skin on unless it totally boogs you out. Vitamins. Eat the skin. Anyway, spray the round with a light mist of oil. Sprinkle on your seasoning of choice. I use Mediterranean seasoning. Cajun works too. Bake for about 20 minutes. Voila! They're a little crispy, savory but sweet, and totally yummy. 

Pair them with this...

Roasted Asparagus

Chunk of Asparagus Stalks
Olive Oil in spray form
Seasoning of choice

Since the oven is already pre-heated from the potatoes, we can skip that step, right? Get another baking sheet out. Snap the woody ends off the asparagus. The inedible stuff. Or you can leave them on because you forgot like I do from time to time. Fiber. Spread them out on the pan and spray lightly with olive oil. Dust with seasoning. I use the same seasoning as the potatoes, but you can go as simple as a little salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Or leave 'em naked. Bake at 400 for 15 minutes. So basically put the potatoes in, then get these ready and thrown them in a few minutes later. They come out at the same time and you look like you planned that. 

Tonight, we had our with grilled chicken. Which I GRILLED MYSELF. Yep, I got on YouTube and found a video about the basics of grilling. No one has died of food poisoning. Yet. 

I always make more than I need of these because it makes for GREAT food prep for the next couple days. You could easily make a TON of this and do it for the whole week. 



Bon appetit! 

No comments:

Post a Comment